He urged the administration and Congress to come up with a credible package to reduce the budget deficit. 他敦促政府和国会出台一整套切实可行的方案,以缩减预算赤字。
Her cat came up and rubbed itself against their legs 她的猫跑上前来,在他们腿上蹭来蹭去。
He came up to me and said: 'Come on, John.' 他走到我跟前说:“快点,约翰。”
The subject came up during a pre-dinner drink with our guests. 在与客人喝餐前酒的时候,有人提到了这个话题。
Jeane Kirkpatrick's name has come up a lot. 珍妮·柯克帕特里克的名字被多次提到。
Plan your activities so that you are rested and refreshed when something important is coming up 做好日常规划,这样一旦发生大事,才能够从容不迫。
We do have elections coming up. 我们的确将要进行选举。
I was delayed — something came up at home 我耽搁了些时候——家里出了点事。
Other projects came up and the emphasis of my work altered. 突然来了一些其他的项目,我的工作重点便转移了。
A research fellowship came up at Girton and I applied for it and got it 格顿学院设立了一项研究奖学金,我提出申请并且成功获得。
The house came up for sale and the couple realised they could just about afford it. 这幢房子放盘,两口子才意识到他们的钱差不多刚够买下它。
It will be so great watching the sun come up. 看着太阳冉冉升起将是十分美妙的事情。
He is one of the reservists who will plead not guilty when their cases come up. 案件开庭审理的时候,这些预备役军人不会认罪,他就是其中一个。
Several of the members have come up with suggestions of their own 有几位成员提出了自己的建议。
Howard Wilkinson has come up with an absolute corker of an idea. 霍华德·威尔金森想出了一个绝佳的主意。
No one has come up with a definitive answer as to why this should be so 对于为什么应该是这样,还没有人想出最终确定的答案。
I defy you to come up with one major accomplishment of the current Prime Minister 我敢说你讲不出现任首相的哪怕一项重大成就。
Let's fingerprint the canoe, see if we come up with anything. 让我们提取一下独木舟上的指纹,看看能不能有什么发现。
It's here that we come up against the difference of approach 我们就是在这一点上面临方法上的分歧。
Keep your eye on these jokers, you never know what they will come up with. 留神那些活宝,你永远也不知道他们会想出什么样的主意。
They had come up from London loaded down with six suitcases. 他们拖着6只箱子从伦敦过来。
The president was moved to come up with these suggestions after the hearings. 听证会促使总统想出了这些建议。
See if you can rework your schedule and come up with practical ways to reduce the number of hours you're on call. 看看能不能修改你的日程安排表,想出切实可行的办法来减少你值班的时间。
I don't think I set out to come up with a different sound for each album. At the same time, I do have a sense of what is right for the moment. 我不觉得我一开始就特意为每张专辑设定了不同的曲风。然而,我确实知道当时想要的是什么感觉。
Dwayne has come up trumps with a goal worthy of winning any match. 德韦恩意外地蒙进了一个可以拿下任何比赛的球。
The seeds haven't sprouted [ come up] yet. 种子还没有发芽。
You would take things as they came. All you had to do was think a little harder and come up with a new solution. 既来之,则安之,你必须多动脑子,想出个新的解决方法来。
The car can't come up, as the slope is so steep. 坡太陡,车子上不来。
I don't think he can come up with any clever move. 我看他也没有什么高招。